We understand that choosing a pet sitter is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Not only are you allowing what is essentially a stranger into your home, but trusting them with the care of your precious pets. We understand this, having had to hire our own pet sitters in the past. Here are some of the advantages of hiring La Pawtite as your professional pet care provider:
- We are a registered LLC with the state of Maryland.
- We are fully insured for dog walking, pet sitting in your home and dog boarding in our home. Our liability insurance provider is Pet Sitters Associates, an organization providing pet care business owners with coverage since 1998.
- We are legally bonded through Business Insurers of the Carolinas, an organization providing insurance since 1992 that offers coverage specifically designed for pet care professionals.
- We are trained in pet first aid/CPR through the American Red Cross.
- We are members of Pet Sitters International, the world’s leading educational organization for professional pet sitters since 1994.
- We provide all these documents as well as proof of clear background checks to each client during our initial meeting.
We also offer our clients:
- 100% free first time meet and greet for every client in order to get to know each other.
- Free “Forget Me Not” visits for our current clients who may have gaps in between services so their pets remember us!
- Portal access to our software Time to Pet where they can review and send messages to La Pawtite, request services, review upcoming events, see their invoices and make payments.
- Time to Pet also offers clients real time updates, post-visit report cards, photos of their pets, GPS and time tracking data, all through the smartphone app. We also offer text and email updates as well as the option of receiving handwritten visit logs.
- Periodical surveys our clients fill out anonymously to provide us with honest feedback for our continual improvement.
- Informative (and occasionally entertaining) blogs and podcasts to help our clients provide quality care for their four legged loved ones.
- Client confidentiality; while we understand that references are the traditional way to verify a pet sitter’s ability, our choice is to respect the privacy of our clients over providing their contact information. For this reason, we ask our clients to leave reviews on sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, Thumbtack and Yellowpages to allow potential clients to see a range of opinions on our services.
At La Pawtite, our specialization is in the care of small dogs. These little ones often have particular issues due to their size that need special attention. But don’t worry, we have plenty of love for the big guys too! We have experience caring for dogs of all breeds, sizes and temperaments. We believe that dogs, being social animals, do much better with exercise and mental stimulation throughout the day. While you’re away, we’ll attend to your furry family member as if they were one of our own.